Now in our regular monthly slot - every second Thursday of the month at MadLab. A hangout for people taking control of their home energy usage and generation. We use open-source hardware and software to gain a better understanding of energy in our homes, how to make the best use of the energy we generate and reduce energy wasted.
This is a CarbonCo-op initiative working close together with OpenEnergyMonitor.
Topics will include:
• Home energy monitoring.
• House energy performance assessment
• Sensors - electricity, gas, temperature, humidity, air quality...
• User interfaces, dashboards
• Smart houses and automation
• Aggregation of data sources
• Taking the power back! - Making better use of the surplus power we generate
Who is it for?
• Anyone with skills in physical electronics, web development or programming who wants to use that knowledge to reduce energy and carbon!
• There will be open space for small groups to focus on adding new sensors or hacking the user interface, there will always be a 'newbies' group for people interested in finding out more.